This project is intended to support individuals to find work and/or further education and training. Our staff are on hand to assist with using computers, job searches, CV writing and finding volunteer positions (which could help lead to securing work). For more information on volunteering click here. The aim is to create a helpful, friendly environment to build self-confidence and to navigate the employment seeking process. For employment and further education/ training links click here.
What does the service include?
The service includes:
- CV Writing- Our staff can create and provide a comprehensive CV following a one-on-one session with a client. Copies can be printed and provided to the client.
- Job Application Assistance- Our staff can advise regarding the completing of online or paper-based job applications.
- Internet “drop in” – Individuals are welcome to come to the centre and access our media suite in order to conduct a job search, complete an online job application, use email, create or amend a CV etc.. (and all other issues relating to employability).
- Basic Computer Support- Our staff are able to give basic IT support which includes, learning to use email or the internet, producing word documents or using Excel spreadsheets.
- Discuss employment issues in confidence with an on-site advisor.
- Help improve self-confidence.
- Enhance interview technique in response to possible interviewer questions.
- Conduct a Strength and Weaknesses analysis.
- Write up a Personal Development Plan.
- Set an Action Plan.
You can use the Contact Form to book an appointment Click Here